Skip to main content

'doublesquette'


I guess one of the best ways of judging any issue in T&T is buying doubles. You never get a heated argument for obvious reasons, the doubles is far more important than national issues, which is great because its sort of a sanctuary. Today a couple of newbies to the doubles man were asking themselves ' who taking d money?' I immediately said 'the fella with the black hat', 'tanks' was the reply. Then more confusion because of the two lines, two doubles CSR's. I again offered, 'that line is for take out and this line is dining in'. Again, 'pay upfront?' 'no, eat then pay.'

There is a great respect for everyone when buying doubles. I have mentioned this before but today's purchase reinforced how we actually can fix this place. We wait in line, if a person is coming back for a second doubles the CSR recognizes the person and will automatically serve that person with the new customer patiently waiting understanding the protocol. If we applied 'doublesquette' to our everyday life T&T will be light years ahead of many countries!

Where is the outrage from the citizens of this country against the PMOTT? We are quick to discredit the POTUS but when it comes to our own leaders making the most stupid, asinine, insulting, discriminatory comments all of a sudden it's OK. We are truly a sorry bunch who because of the politics, the tribe, we are prepared to accept the nonsense. Make no mistake it is on all sides! Not a single editorial in any of the dailies took the PMOTT to task. For a PM to speak about women in this way and we accept this as a norm?
No one in this country is responsible for anything!
No wonder we can have TTUTA make the most ludicrous statement that teachers are not responsible for the children under their care during free time. The Minister of Education is a former school Principal and the head of the teachers union. Why is the Minister not making a statement about the issue of teacher supervision during free time at schools? Do parents know that when they drop their 5 year old at a primary school that there is no adult supervision during breaks. Do these same parents leave their 5 year olds on their own at home? Social media clips of students fighting in schools says that there is a real problem which requires immediate attention. The banning of corporal punishment in schools is not the issue, the proper supervision of children is!

I am very happy to see the interest in the First Peoples. All of a sudden everybody claiming First Peoples blood line. We good yes! Yesterday's meal was fish and cassava. Who claimed to be Cocoa Spanish, French Creole, Dougla, Indian, African, 1%'s, Chinese and mixup all now saying they have a touch. Who was staunch Trini is now 'Warao', Aruaca, Chaima, Yaio. This is very healthy for our country finally we are finding a common ground. We should all become First Peoples and stop the stupid divide. I fully support a monument of the First Peoples at the Parliament Building. Fully support a public holiday to recognize not only the First Peoples but all Peoples. Remove Indian Arrival and Emancipation Day. The time has come for a National Day for all of us.

Tonight there is a cricket match at the Oval for the benefit of the islands that were ravaged by the hurricanes. When it is necessary we come together as one people, the First Peoples. This says who we are, we are a good, kind, forgiving, giving people. We are all island people who understand the saying that truly 'no man is an island'.

Good night and good luck!

"YA WANIKU HO"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace and quiet

When you hear the words 'perfect' or 'the best' it makes you feel like a million dollars. Human nature is weird, a simple compliment can turn a whole story into a week of joy! And, yes, I am speaking about the Sunday night popcorn! Apparently, tonight was exceptional. I hope the rest of the week translates into 'perfect'. The horrible news of the deaths of two cyclists over the weekend came as a real shock. We both know a number of people who cycle for good weekend sport and to hear of Joe Brown being killed in an accident was truly heart-rending. When we heard of the accident we started to think of all the people we know who cycle and just hoped it might be somebody we did not know. Is this how it works, you hope that it's not someone you know, what about all the people who actually know the person? Truly a sad day! RIP Joe and Joanna! The issue of cycling and motorists is one that every country I am sure goes through. Is it that the main roads are for...

'zaboca boat'

My life partner and I sit every evening and have a meal together. Choice music in the background and a lively discussion as to many things other than impending nuclear war. I remember growing up in Arima in the 60s, with the arrival of TTT, and my father sitting in front of the Phillips TV having dinner on a TV table. No conversation, but that was the era. Tonight I was the happiest man alive as part of the evening meal was the best ever, zaboca boat. It was a perfect texture and taste. I think my life partner has the skill of the 'cocoa men'. What joy!  'I am a Government Minister, I am not classed as a civilian'. The words of the gun range Minister. I just want to say that during my five [5] years as an MP and a Cabinet Minister I never once received any security briefing, training or other involvement by a security agency. I never got a phone call, memo or pamphlet outlining how to deal with a security situation, handling a weapon, 'boo too' or pepper sp...

Keith Noel RIP

Today will always be remembered, as it is the anniversary of the last time I saw my good friend Keith Noel. On this day in 2005 at around 8.00pm, we told Keith goodbye after we had a lime at a local bar, the following day was Corpus Christi, a public holiday. The next morning at around 4.00am I received a phone call informing me of Keith's murder. My life changed, our lives changed as my life partner and I became heavily involved in trying to make a meaningful change as to how we lived here on the Rock. Our children were involved, our eldest son was Keith's good friend as were many co-workers and friends of Keith Noel. Keith's murder was classed as no. 136 on the police files. During our awareness and petition campaign, we were called names by many people who obviously disagreed with what we were doing. I guess the success of the movement, then called the Keith Noel 136 Cmt, created quite a concern amongst those who should have been concerned. Keith would have been 55 ye...