Skip to main content

'overheard' 3








This conversation was overheard at a meeting held somewhere close to the Hyatt on Monday night. The voices were muffled so all was not heard.

Voice [1], female V[1]: Yuh see alyuh, I was home relaxing watching mi Netflix when de man call me an arks if I could give him pull out. I say well, one meeting a month, free lunch and some change, das not a bad deal so I say ah go take de wuk. I eh come out for dis setta dotishness all yuh want to put me in. I relaxing on my GoAway, not me an no Stayting, nah I gone up in de cold and like is mas in August. All yuh wurst dan PanTrinbago!

Voice [2] male V [2].: Listen, it have a situation dat if we ent deal wit it all ah we goin down. Dis internet ting have de country crazy. Not like long time, everybody does know everyting one shot. Long time yuh cud buy a boat an is only when everybody ded an gorn is den you finding out what it is really happen. Steups

V[1] All de years I wuking I never know dis is how all yuh uses to do de ting, how all yuh hide it so?

V [2] Allyuh uses to play allyuh didn't know nutten. Anyway how we trowing dis on the last govment?

interruption    'pring pring pring!

V [1] what dis man calling me for, lard, I dun tell him when we figger how we turning dis rong I go call him. "Hello, yes is me, ah hah, not yet, five minutes, uh huh, yes I know de boss vex, yes I know is pressure, ah go call yuh". Shims man, yuh put your own self in de bacchanal and I mus help yuh. Yuh see allyuh man it good for allyuh!
Where de man who write dat setta stupidness bout how de boat eh good, what he knows bout boat. Doh interrupt, ah doh want to know nutten, so what if he working here 50 yrs, dat doh qualify him for nutten, shims man.

interruption    'pring pring pring pring'

V [1] look Mr Man doh get me dam vex here today eh, wha he calling for again. 'Hello, ah tought ah tell..... sorry sorry Chief ah diden know it was you, uh hmm, yes, yes, right, correct, no problem, Chief dat is a boss idea, deal close".
You see why my boss is ah boss. He gorn an setup ah investiquiry wit ah fella who knows nutten bout nutten so he could investigate dis bacchanal all yuh gone an do. So de plan is to sen home de fella who knows nutten about nutten after 50 yrs in de wuk and bring a fella who knows nutten bout nutten   only bout nuggets.
Was de time, good I could still make a little hour wit meh Netflix, meeting done!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace and quiet

When you hear the words 'perfect' or 'the best' it makes you feel like a million dollars. Human nature is weird, a simple compliment can turn a whole story into a week of joy! And, yes, I am speaking about the Sunday night popcorn! Apparently, tonight was exceptional. I hope the rest of the week translates into 'perfect'. The horrible news of the deaths of two cyclists over the weekend came as a real shock. We both know a number of people who cycle for good weekend sport and to hear of Joe Brown being killed in an accident was truly heart-rending. When we heard of the accident we started to think of all the people we know who cycle and just hoped it might be somebody we did not know. Is this how it works, you hope that it's not someone you know, what about all the people who actually know the person? Truly a sad day! RIP Joe and Joanna! The issue of cycling and motorists is one that every country I am sure goes through. Is it that the main roads are for...

Keith Noel RIP

Today will always be remembered, as it is the anniversary of the last time I saw my good friend Keith Noel. On this day in 2005 at around 8.00pm, we told Keith goodbye after we had a lime at a local bar, the following day was Corpus Christi, a public holiday. The next morning at around 4.00am I received a phone call informing me of Keith's murder. My life changed, our lives changed as my life partner and I became heavily involved in trying to make a meaningful change as to how we lived here on the Rock. Our children were involved, our eldest son was Keith's good friend as were many co-workers and friends of Keith Noel. Keith's murder was classed as no. 136 on the police files. During our awareness and petition campaign, we were called names by many people who obviously disagreed with what we were doing. I guess the success of the movement, then called the Keith Noel 136 Cmt, created quite a concern amongst those who should have been concerned. Keith would have been 55 ye...

'Teacher Lucy'

May Day is significant both as a spring festival in the northern climes and of course as the International Labor Day. The latter was started in the 19th century by the communists and socialists and strangely enough in commemoration of an event in Chicago. May 1st on the Rock is just that May 1st. Within recent times a couple trade unions have recognized the day but our big labor celebration is on another day. On the Rock, you get to celebrate Labor Day twice and get paid for it. The dreaded SEA examine is happening this week and if you somehow forgot one is reminded by the number of photo-ops taken by persons of import. These persons visit schools hand out 'SEA packs' (consisting of pens, pencils and other trinkets), call for all God's best wishes on the poor children and to me scare the hell out of these kids who are about to sit an exam that will mark them forever. The SEA is as bad as it gets and to further stress the kids is simply not something that should ...